Coaching and Skater Development Position
Northern Beaches Roller Girls are open to applications for the position of Head of Coaching and Skater Development, to complete the 2017 season and lead the league into 2018 and beyond.
The role is required to develop all skater levels of the Northern Beaches Roller Girls (NBRG) to realise their potential through the provision of instruction, advice and encouragement.
NBRG is looking for someone that has a vision for the sport; a passion to see a league grow and learn; and the drive to take The Sirens, a bouting level team, forward with a new coaching and player development based strategic direction.
So if you are someone that values inclusivity, excellence, commitment and trust…then NBRG wants you!
Send your cover letter (addressing the Vision points) and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview of the role
The role of the Coaching and Skater Development trainer is to develop the members of the Northern Beaches Roller Girls (NBRG) to realise their potential in a sporting discipline through the provision of instruction, advice and encouragement. The member in this position will work with the Executive Committee to help achieve NBRG League values and vision, whilst demonstrating respect and tolerance in all dealings and adhere to all League health, safety and environmental requirements. This will be done whilst maintaining a caring and responsible attitude to NBRG people, assets and property.
Whilst there are no qualifications that are necessary with the position, continuous sports development is looked upon favourably as well as coaching in any other sport.
The Coaching Clinics and Accreditations will be paid for by the League for the coach to be as informed and educated as possible.
- Free membership to Northern Beaches Roller Girls
- Free accommodation away on trips supporting and coaching NBRG Sirens
- Financial support for Coaching clinics and accreditations that directly relate to NBRG or Roller Derby
Northern Beaches Roller Girls (NBRG) is a not-for profit roller derby league that promotes health, sport and community inclusiveness on the Northern Beaches of Sydney Australia. This is achieved by the growth of a strong, competitive and well managed league of committed skaters, members and supporters that strive for excellence on and off the track.
Vision (strategic direction for the future)
- To provide a safe environment for skaters of all levels to grow and perform to the best of their ability.
- To provide opportunities for all skater to participate in league growth and game play of all levels of interest and commitment.
- To assist in training support staff to enable them to represent NBRG in all areas of competition.
- To represent NBRG in the local community to drive diversity, involvement and education about roller derby.
- To represent NBRG in the local community to drive diversity, involvement and education about roller derby
Values (priorities and goals)
Inclusivity – Excellence – Commitment - Trust